Telasera Acceptable use policy
Telasera is committed to complying with legislation and ensuring all its Customers have the ability to use its network and the services without interference or harassment from other users. Telasera's Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") is designed to help achieve these goals.
By using any of Telasera's services, Customers agree to comply with this AUP and to remain responsible for its users, where applicable. TELASERA reserves the right to change or modify the terms of the AUP at any time, by posting an updated version on its website at http://www.Telasera.com/terms.html Customer's use of TELASERA's services after changes to the AUP are posted shall constitute acceptance of any changed or additional terms.
Scope of the AUP
The AUP applies to TELASERA services that provide (or include) Internet services, including but not limited to, any service providing access to the Internet, hosting services (data/content hosting, server hosting, web hosting, e-mail services, etc) or any other services provided over the Internet or wireless data networks (collectively "IP Services").
- General Prohibitions: TELASERA prohibits use of the IP Services in any way that is: i) unlawful, incitement to commit criminal acts, harmful to or interferes with use of TELASERA's network or systems, or the network of any other provider; ii) interferes with the use or enjoyment of services received by others; iii) infringes intellectual property rights; iv) results in the publication of threatening or offensive material which is harmful, obscene, discriminatory, defamatory, constitutes hate speech; or v) constitutes abuse, a security risk or a violation of privacy.
- Failure to adhere to the rules, guidelines or agreements applicable to search engines, subscription Web services, chat areas, bulletin boards, Web pages, applications, or other services that are accessed via a link from a TELASERA-branded website or from a website that contains TELASERA-branded content is a violation of this AUP.
- Sending multiple unsolicited electronic mail messages or "mail-bombing" to one or more recipient
- Sending unsolicited commercial e-mail, or unsolicited electronic messages directed primarily at the advertising or promotion of products or services.
- Sending unsolicited electronic messages with petitions for signatures or requests for charitable donations, or sending any chain mail related materials.
- Sending bulk electronic messages without identifying, within the message, a reasonable means of opting out from receiving additional messages from the sender.
- Sending electronic messages, files or other transmissions that exceed contracted for capacity or that create the potential for disruption of the TELASERA network or of the networks with which TELASERA interconnects, by virtue of quantity, size or otherwise.
- Using another site's mail server to relay mail without the express permission of that site.
- Using another computer, without authorization, to send multiple e-mail messages or to retransmit e-mail messages for the purpose of misleading recipients as to the origin or to conduct any of the activities prohibited by this AUP.
- Using IP addresses that the Customer does not have a right to use.
- Maintaining a site that is advertised via unsolicited electronic messages, regardless of the origin of the unsolicited electronic messages.
Limitations we may impose, in our reasonable discretion.
Failure to comply with these rules will result in your service being restricted, suspended or terminated, in our reasonable discretion.
- We reserve the right to limit the number of emails that you may send in any given period or to limit the total message volume (amount of data) sent per hour.
- Unless you are subscribed to a business package, you may not use any services for anything other than your own personal use.
- You may not restrict, inhibit or interfere with the ability of any person to access, use or enjoy the Internet or the any services, or create an unusually large burden on our network, including, without limitation, continuously uploading or downloading streaming video or audio; continuous FTP uploading or downloading, or otherwise generating levels of traffic sufficient to impede others' ability to send or retrieve information, or to use the services in an abusive manner in connection with any unlimited packages, options or promotions.
- We reserve the right to establish policies, rules and limitations, from time to time, concerning the use of any service. You must comply with any bandwidth, data storage and other limitations we may impose, in our reasonable discretion. Failure to comply with these rules will result in your service being restricted, suspended or terminated, in our reasonable discretion.
- Distributing or using tools designed to compromise security (including but not limited to SNMP tools), including cracking tools, password guessing programs, packet sniffers or network probing tools (except in the case of authorized legitimate network security operations).
- Knowingly uploading or distributing files that contain viruses, spyware, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, corrupted files, root kits or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer, network system or other property, or be used to engage in modem or system hi-jacking.
- Failure to take reasonable security precautions to help prevent violation(s) of this AUP.
Customers remain solely and fully responsible for the content of any material posted, hosted, downloaded/uploaded, created, accessed or transmitted using the IP Services. TELASERA has no responsibility for any material created on the TELASERA's network or accessible using IP Services, including content provided on third-party websites linked to the TELASERA network.
- Disclose information relating to the offending activity as may be required under the circumstances.
- TELASERA has no obligation to monitor content of any materials distributed or accessed using the IP Services. However, TELASERA may monitor content of any such materials as necessary to comply with applicable laws, regulations or other governmental or judicial requests; or to protect the TELASERA network and its customers.
Any complaints (other than claims of copyright or trademark infringement) regarding violation of this AUP by an TELASERA Customer (or its user) should be directed to abuse@TELASERA.com, include details that would assist TELASERA in investigating and resolving such complaint.
- Unlawful Activities: IP Services shall not be used in connection with any criminal, civil or administrative violation of any applicable local, provincial, national or international law, treaty, court orders, ordinance, regulation or administrative rules.
- Violation of Intellectual Property Rights: IP Service(s) shall not be used to publish, submit/receive upload/download, post, use, copy or otherwise reproduce, transmit, re-transmit, distribute or store any content/material or to engage in any activity that infringes, misappropriates or otherwise violates the intellectual property rights or privacy or publicity rights of TELASERA or any individual, group or entity, including but not limited to any rights protected by any copyright, patent, trademark laws, trade secret, trade dress, right of privacy, right of publicity, moral rights or other intellectual property right now known or later recognized by statute, judicial decision or regulation.
- Threatening Material or Content: IP Services shall not be used to host, post, transmit, or re-transmit any content or material (or to create a domain name or operate from a domain name), that harasses, or threatens the health or safety of others. In addition, for those IP Services that utilize TELASERA provided web or content hosting, TELASERA reserves the right to decline to provide such services if the content is determined by TELASERA to be obscene, indecent, hateful, malicious, racist, defamatory, fraudulent, libelous, treasonous, excessively violent or promoting the use of violence or otherwise harmful to others.
- Inappropriate Interaction with Minors: IP Services should not be used for the purpose of commission an offence against a child or in way that would constitute or promote unlawful interaction with children.
- Child Pornography: IP Services shall not be used to publish, submit/receive, upload/download, post, use, copy or otherwise produce, transmit, distribute or store child pornography. Suspected violations of this prohibition may be reported to TELASERA at the following e-mail address: abuse@Telasera.com. TELASERA will report any discovered violation of this prohibition to the South African Police services and take steps to remove child pornography (or otherwise block access to the content determined to contain child pornography) from its servers.
Spam Email Abuse
Spam/E-mail abuse is prohibited using IP Services. Spam/E-mail abuse shall include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Sending messages that are harassing or malicious, or otherwise could reasonably be predicted to interfere with another party's quiet enjoyment of the IP Services or the Internet (e.g., through language, frequency, size or otherwise).
- Using distribution lists containing addresses that include those who have opted out.
- Sending electronic messages that do not accurately identify the sender, the sender's return address, the e-mail address of origin, or other information contained in the subject line or header.
- Falsifying packet header, sender, or user information whether in whole or in part to mask the identity of the sender, originator or point of origin.
- Using redirect links in unsolicited commercial e-mail to advertise a website or service.
- Intercepting, redirecting or otherwise interfering or attempting to interfere with e-mail intended for third parties.
- Using, distributing, advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, including, but not limited to, the facilitation of the means to spam.
Customers are responsible for ensuring and maintaining security of their systems and the machines that connect to and use IP Service(s), including implementation of necessary patches and operating system updates. IP Services may not be used to interfere with, gain unauthorized access to, or otherwise violate the security of TELASERA's (or another party's) server, network, network access, personal computer or control devices, software or data, or other system, or to attempt to do any of the foregoing. System or network security violations shall include, but are not limited to:
- Unauthorized monitoring, scanning or probing of network or system or any other action aimed at the unauthorized interception of data or harvesting of e-mail addresses.
- Hacking, attacking, gaining access to, breaching, circumventing or testing the vulnerability of the user authentication or security of any host, network, server, personal computer, network access and control devices, software or data without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Impersonating others or secretly or deceptively obtaining personal information of third parties (phishing, etc.)
- Customers are responsible for taking prompt corrective action(s) to remedy a violation of AUP and to help prevent similar future violations.
AUP Enforcement and Notice
Customer's failure to observe the guidelines set forth in this AUP will be regarded as a material breach and may result in TELASERA taking actions, which may either be a warning, a suspension or termination of Customer's services. When reasonably possible, TELASERA may provide Customer with a notice of an AUP violation allowing the Customer to promptly correct such violation.
If the IP Services are used in a way that we, in our reasonable discretion, believe violates this Acceptable Use Policy or any of our rules or limitations, we may take any responsive actions we deem appropriate. Such actions may include without limitation, temporary or permanent removal of content, cancellation of newsgroup posts, filtering of Internet transmissions, and/or the immediate limitation, restriction, suspension or termination of all or any portion of the services or your account.
Should you engage in any one or more of the above activities, which shall be determined in TELASERA's reasonable discretion and which decision shall be final, then TELASERA shall be entitled, without prejudice to any other rights it may have, to take any responsive action we deem appropriate, such actions may include, without limitation:
- Without notice, temporary or permanent limitation, restriction or suspension of your access to the IP Service concerned.
- Terminate all agreements with you with immediate effect.
- Bill you for any costs incurred by TELASERA as a result of the offending activity, including (without being limited to) bandwidth used, administration costs, downtime, usage of TELASERA's name or registered domain namesand CPU cycles; and
- Disclose information relating to the offending activity as may be required under the circumstances.
TELASERA has no obligation to monitor content of any materials distributed or accessed using the IP Services. However, TELASERA may monitor content of any such materials as necessary to comply with applicable laws, regulations or other governmental or judicial requests; or to protect the TELASERA network and its customers.
Last updated 5/06/2012